Tenniszine - UK tennis blog.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Day of the match

Played the singles match I signed up to earlier this week. Prior to today my record against my opponent had been good. However he had been getting closer and changed his tactics recently to counter my own tactics, and I was beginning to have doubts and play conservatively. The book I referred to yesterday suggests a) elect to receive b) try to win the first point of every game. Well I lost the toss and was asked to serve, which I'm usually happy with.Two games later and I was 0-2 down. The third game was key with several deuces before I prevailed and took the first set 6-2! I took strength from some other tips c) stay focused d) be positive and it was quite a comfortable win at the end.

French open final prediction: Coria or Safin versus Nadal or Federer, not much of a prediction really, maybe Ferrero instead of Safin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home