Tenniszine - UK tennis blog.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

US Open thoughts

Unfortunately since I've been on vacation I have not had much chance to watch the US Open on TV. I did manage to see parts of a couple of matches at Windmill Hill, in the bar with a drink in hand amongst a group of rowdy fellow players. For example Rusedski against Blake and Murray against Pavel. Rusedski was unlucky to hit an in-form hot Blake, and Murray showed real toughness and spirit especially in the fifth. It's funny how none of the re-runs on Sky, BBC and Eurosport show the projectile vomiting incident!

Regretfully I don't have Sky Sports but do have Eurosport who are able to show some of the matches not on the main billing. Since I always said that my style of play is like a (much weaker version of) Fabrice Santoro, then I was pleased to see some of the highlights of the Federer v Santoro match. Wonderful entertainment.

My picks are still in there, Patty Schynder, Richard Gasquet, Lleyton Hewitt, Kim Clisters, Lindsay Davenport, Venus Williams, Maria Sharapova, Anna Myskina. Oh, and Roger Federer.

The only Grand Slam I've been to is Wimbledon. Since I have been to NY State many times here then one year I must save some money and make the effort to attend the US Open. A dream for the future.

Whilst thinking of the US Open my thoughts and yours should go towards the people of the US states hit by Hurricane Katrina.

Tags: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home