Tenniszine - UK tennis blog.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Resting and thinking of the Seniors.

I have only played a couple of times lately because I am trying to rest and recover from some of the current injuries, golfers elbow and chest strain, and just general soreness. In fact the rest is only from tennis as I use the time to do recovery stretching and strength building. I will blog about my own exercise routines sometime.

I do hope Jim Courier makes it to the end of year Masters tournament, following his win in Paris, since I have tickets for the semi-finals day at the Royal Albert Hall. I have been going to this Seniors event, now called the Delta Tour of Champions for several years, and saw Courier defeat McEnroe last year.

I have also seen other players including Jimmy Connors and Bjorn Borg, both against McEnroe (he won), also Boris Becker, Peter Korda, Pat Cash, Guy Forget, Henri Leconte, Yannick Noah, Mansour Bahrami, Ilie Nastase, Mikael Perfors, John Lloyd, Jeremy Bates, and others.

I have not yet had the pleasure of watching Sergei Bruguera or Thomas Muster. I used to be a fan of Muster, despite his grinding style of play. I remember watching on TV a hardcourt tournament in the US, where Sampras defeated Muster in the finals, and amazingly Sampras played mainly from the back of the court instead of his usual serve and volley. At the time it seemed as if Sampras was saying I'm the no.1 and can beat you at your own game.

Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home