Tenniszine - UK tennis blog.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Ice outside but not in!

Played for an hour today outside with the temperature hovering around freezing, and that was the temperature before factoring in the wind. It was really quite unpleasant, even with four layers of clothing on, reduced to three once I had warmed up playing singles. Today was one of those 'bad tennis' days when I wasn't moving or hitting the ball well at all. I put it down to the weather and was not too bothered.
 
Afterwards when I got home, for the first time in many months I felt no need to ice my arm for golfers elbow. Yes! Although I've been saying it for a while I think I'm recovering, and this despite playing three days in a row last weekend. Is it the new racket, or the new arm band or the new exercises? I did change technique and grip on the forehand a while ago after realising I was probably too old to change to a full western without the help from a coach.
 
Tim Henman has had three good wins at the Zagreb indoors. OK so two of the players were ranked lower but they're all in the top 75 so it has to be good match practice for Henman. Now if he can only stay injury free we'll see what he's got left. Richard Gasquet really has had a bad start to 2006.
 
Zagreb is a city I've had the pleasure of visiting. I really would like to go back to Croatia, preferably on the Adriatic coast. Maybe a tennis holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home