Tenniszine - UK tennis blog.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Club night (19) hooray

Went along to club night doubles mix-in last night and had a good time. Some rustiness as I mentioned on my previous post, mainly movement and slightly wayward backhand. I was also conscious how fast the game is, or how slow my reactions or anticipation is, having been away for a while.

This morning my arm felt quite stiff and sore, but it eased during the day. At the moment I plan on playing again tomorrow at the club singles and doubles mix-in, so that will be a real test. Three sessions, one every alternate day, will tell me how it's holding up.

I've been keeping an eye on the seniors tour which has just completed its penultimate tournament with a win by Goran Ivanisevic. Now I know which players will be at the Albert Hall for the Masters which I'm looking forward to going to with my daughter. The players are: McEnroe, Thomas Muster, Cedric Pioline, Pat Cash, Jim Courier, Sergi Bruguera, Anders Jarryd, Krajicek, Haarhuis and Mikael Pernfors.

I would love to know what happened to Muster at Essen to lose to Pat Cash 0-6, 1-6. That must have been a really bad day at the office, or Pat was on fire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home