Tenniszine - UK tennis blog.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Not tennis but Sony DRM

Given an earlier rant in one of my first posts about CD DRM from EMI and BMG I am really not surprised by the activities of Sony and eventual climb down.

OK so we won a battle, but as Bill Thompson at the BBC says we will probably lose the war. He had previously argued that the fans should decide but I don't think the average fan with their latest iPod, MP3 player or mobile phone with MP3 cares as long as they have the latest gadget. It's a pity and I for one have spent some of my own money supporting the Electronic Freedom Foundation.

Unfortunately the company I work for supports the Trusted Computing Initiative and I hope the EFF's voice gets heard.

Tags : , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home